Fundraise is the process of gathering any financial contributions from volunteers through requesting donations from individuals, governmental agencies, charity foundations, or businesses. Previous forms of fundraising included requesting for donations on the streets or door-to-door and although it is experiencing growth, new forms of fundraising have emerged such as online fundraise.
There are various types of fundraising. They include;
- Corporate support
- Earned income
- Special events
- Capital campaigns
- Membership campaigns
Fundraise for the Cause
As you’ve seen above from the various types of fundraising, there are many causes as to why people raise funds. The needs differ from one another although the main aim is to raise funds for that specific cause. Let’s have a closer look at some of the cause of fundraising.
Cancer fundraising- there are many types of cancer such as breast cancer, lung cancer, among others. This is one of the reasons people raise funds, to cater for the medical bills in case the victim is less fortunate and requires a lot of funds due to the condition.
Personal cause fundraising – another cause to fundraise is due to personal issues facing a person. Tragedy in a family, loss of income, treatment for a serious disease, among other things are some of the reasons for personal cause fundraising.
Group fundraising- various types of groups may held a fundraise such as cheer groups, cub scout groups, among others. These groups may hold a fundraising to raise funds for a cause that needs to be done in the group.
Churches – churches may also hold a fundraising to raise funds to cater for certain needs in the church. These have actually been experienced over the years and still continue to happen even in the modern times. It’s also another cause of fundraising.
School fundraiser cause – schools are also known to hold fundraising events for a certain cause either regarding the school itself or any other thing. Most schools hold fundraising to raise money for improving the institution for the betterment of the education of students.
So, Why Fundraise?
There are many reasons as to why people do fundraise events. Let’s discuss a few of the most important reasons why people do fundraising.
- Most organizations do fundraise to support capital projects, boost expenses for their operations, and also for endowments.
- Some non-profit organizations raise funds for financial endowment, this is money raised for investment for generation of annual returns.
- Membership campaigns are meant to bring in more members and raise more funds as some of the members are converted to donors.
- Special events are meant to raise funds for a special cause and have proven to be an efficient way of not only getting funds but also creating awareness about a company’s brand and its importance.
- Online fundraising which is the new thing is also another way of reaching people worldwide to support a certain cause as well as create awareness regarding it.
Fundraise is an important factor in the society as it greatly helps to support causes and other initiatives which cannot be handled by just a few individuals. Fundraising also helps to create awareness about a certain cause and brings people together to make a positive change in the society.